Spa Etiquette and How to Spa
Spa etiquette is nothing more than common courtesy. Itís the Golden Rule. It is about a peaceful environment and the comfort of our guests. It is about separating ourselves from the world of cares and concerns. Itís about taking a break, getting away, and respecting those who are trying to balance their many duties in the world outside the Spa. Please help us to create this environment for you and for others to recover, refocus, and regain your best selves.
- Please silence cell phones before entering the spa. A peaceful environment is necessary for everyoneís relaxation.
- Please keep all communications as quiet as possible to allow other guests to relax as well.
- Arrive early and relax in our beautiful Relaxation Room. Relaxation is the best preparation you can give yourself before your service.
- Pure water, fruit slices, and hot water for tea beverages are yours to enjoy, as you relax.
- For single spa services, treatment wraps will be provided for your comfort in the Treatment Room.
- For multiple spa services, robes and slippers will be provided for your relaxation. If you have any questions, the spa team will be happy to assist you.
- For the comfort and respect of other guests, schedules may not be extended for later arrivals. Please understand we may need to modify your service under these conditions.
- Please do not dress up for spa. Come casual and without makeup, when it is possible.
- Most guests prefer to fully disrobe in the treatment room for facials, massage, or body treatments. Disposable undergarments are available upon request. Proper, professional draping techniques will always be observed during your spa services.
- Your comfort level is our priority. It greatly affects your experience. Please feel comfortable with your preference of disrobing for spa services.
- Feel encouraged to inform your service provider of your preferences, likes, dislikes, questions, and beauty and wellness goals.
- Medications, including Acutane or Retin-A, and antibiotics can affect your spa service. We need to be informed if youíre taking any medications.
- If you have any special medical or physical considerations or allergies, please inform us to better serve your needs.
- Prenatal spa services are for second and third trimesters only. Please advise us if you are pregnant.
- When time and staff are available, we are pleased to escort guests into our spa for a tour. Of course, it is important to keep all conversations quiet and to a minimum.
- Group tours must be by appointment only and not interfere with guest services.
- Children may not tour the Spa.
Spa Lockers, Showers, Dry Saunas, and Restrooms:
- As a spa guest receiving multiple services, you are welcome to secure your belongings in our lockers for your convenience.
- Please secure all valuables. We cannot be responsible for any losses.
- Spa restrooms are reserved for the use of guests receiving spa services at that time. Other restroom facilities are available in the salon.
- The use of spa showers is included in the price of day packages and group events. This price includes the use of Aveda hair care products, blow dryers, and bath towels.
- The dry sauna must be reserved by appointment for use and operated by the spa staff.
Spa Special Guests:
- To ensure the tranquility of the spa, only guests receiving spa services may enter the Spa.
- Spa guests under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult and may not be left unattended, including in the Treatment Rooms. There are no guest exceptions.
- Please indicate the age of any youth receiving services, who are 16 years of age or younger.
- Please educate your youth, regarding spa etiquette for the enjoyment of their services.
Spa Dining, Facilities, and Equipment:
- The dining area and its equipment may be hosted and operated by authorized Conservatory staff only. We enjoy the opportunity to serve you in our lovely, private dining area. Our dining room is available by reservation for spa day guests only.
- For health standards, only spa food and beverages provided by the caterers of The Conservatory may be brought into our facility.
- Our dining room and our relaxation room are available by reservation for Spa Group Events. Please call us for more information about how you can enjoy your day The Conservatory.
Spa Reservations and Cancellations:
- Spa availability often varies by day, time, weekends, and season. We are pleased to have the opportunity to assist your appointment needs.
- Spa appointments of two or more hours must be secured by a credit card at the time of making the appointment. Any cancellations with a less than 48-hour advanced notice will be charged at 50% of the cost of service. No-show appointments will be charged 100% of total price. On single services, we kindly request the courtesy of a 24-hour notice for cancellations.